Thomas Doty – Storyteller
"A cultural treasure." – "A master of his art."
Creativity & Innovation
Do you have a project that would benefit from a native consultant?
Thomas Doty is a skilled consultant who brings creativity and innovation to every aspect of his work. He has a knowledge of native culture that has been passed to him by the elders. He has spent decades studying and practicing the traditions of his native ancestors. And he continues to learn.
Doty is a master at integrating narrative skills, world view and history into diverse settings, and making them vital and meaningful in today's world ... from corporate workplaces, to museums and libraries, to educational, community, and environmental centers.
Thomas Doty has been a consultant for dozens of distinct projects. Here are a few....
- Upriver To Morning, a Native American picture book series by Tish McFadden, based on the teachings and wisdoms of Takelma elder, Agnes Baker-Pilgrim.
- Sacred Salmon Ceremony at the Takelma village of Ti'lomikh in southern Oregon.
- The Ti'lomikh Cultural Project in southern Oregon.
- We Are Here, a native sculpture in Ashland, Oregon.
- Medicine Rock Exhibit at the Talent Museum in Talent, Oregon.
- Interpretive programs at Crater Lake National Park, Lava Beds National Monument, and the High Desert Museum in Bend, Oregon.
- Takelma Language Project in southern Oregon.
- Academy, a program for talented and gifted students at Southern Oregon University in Ashland, Oregon.
- Storytelling and drama programs for the Siletz, Cow Creek and Burns Paiute tribes of Oregon.
- Native American planetarium programs at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry in Portland, Oregon and at ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum in Ashland, Oregon.
- Arts in Education for the Oregon Arts Commission at schools throughout Oregon.
- Outdoor Education Program in Ashland, Oregon.
- Corporate storytelling programs at Floating Point Systems in Beaverton, Oregon and Tektronix in Wilsonville, Oregon.
- Stories From Home, an oral history project in the Oregon communities of Talent, Pinehurst and Vernonia.
Contact Thomas Doty