Thomas Doty – Storyteller
Our Latest News | Refresh
- 10/3/2019: A donation of $10,000 was received from The Earth and Humanity Foundation. Thank you!
- 9/11/2019: Julie and Thomas attended Agnes Baker Pilgrim's 95th Birthday Party along the Rogue River. Julie organized the event and handed out our new Upriver to Morning brochure, and Thomas shared stories. Three hundred folks gathered at Ti'lomikh to honor our beloved Takelma elder.
- 8/14/2019: Tish, Thomas and Julie attended a ceremony at Southern Oregon University where Grandma Aggie was awarded the President's Medal.
- 8/11/2019: Upriver to Morning has a new brochure and rack card, designed by David Ruppe.
- 7/30/2019: Webmaster and Website Designer Extraordinaire Irina Summer pushed the launch button and the new Upriver to Morning website is live.
- 7/29/2019: Thomas finished recording the Upriver to Morning audiobook. Don Harriss produced and edited the recording at his studio in Ashland, Oregon.
- 7/13/2019: Tish and Thomas taped two 30 minute interviews for Nancy Bloom's Rogue Valley Community Television show, Life Passages: The Soul's Journey.
- 6/24/2019: Tish and Thomas presented an Upriver to Morning evening program at the Forest and Farm Nature Camp at Willow-Witt Ranch in southern Oregon's Cascade Mountains. This camp was for students entering 3rd through 6th grade.
- 6/15/2019: A donation of $5,000 was received from the Haines & Friends Fund. Thank you!
- 6/4/2019: Several folks from the Upriver to Morning team and a crew from Pilot Rock Productions met with Takelma elder Agnes Baker Pilgrim at the Rogue River Preserve. They filmed Tish McFadden interviewing Grandma Aggie about her teachings that inspired Tish's story.
- 6/2/2019: Thomas completed a Native Story Theater script based on Tish's Upriver to Morning story.
- 6/1/2019: Tish and Thomas shared Rogue River stories and songs at the Southern Oregon Land Conservancy's Member Picnic at the Rogue River Preserve. Thomas told local native stories, and Tish read excerpts and sang songs from Upriver to Morning.
- 5/30/2019: Thomas created an interactive map of the journey up the Rogue River in Upriver to Morning, using traditional native rock writing symbols.
- 5/13/2019: A donation of $1,000 was received from the Thalden Foundation of Ashland, Oregon. Thank you!
- 5/5/2019: Our new fiscal sponsor is the Multicultural Association of Southern Oregon. Contributions are tax deductible.
- 3/2/2019: A donation of $1,000 was received in February from Craig Gordon, of Ashland, Oregon. Thank you!
- 2/9/2019: Today's Upriver to Morning presentation by Tish and Thomas was a great success. Despite the snow, there was a full room at the Gold Hill Library, and the program was enthusiastically appreciated.
- 1/12/2019: A donation of $1,000 was received this month from Barbara Allen and her husband, Jim Batzer, of Ashland, Oregon to fund Phase 1 of Laura Winslow's watercolor illustrations for Upriver to Morning. Thank you!
- 1/5/2019: Julie Norman has joined the Team as Outreach Consultant and Copy Editor.
- 1/3/2019: Laura Winslow was recently chosen to be the Artist & Illustrator for Upriver to Morning.
- 1/2/2019: Irina Summer has joined the Team as Webmaster and Web Designer for a dedicated Upriver to Morning website. Thomas Doty will assist her, providing content and graphics.